- first of all, i FINALLY got a job!!!!!!! i've been trying to get this "patient services representative" (which is basically a glorified receptionist) job for months, and they finally called this morning, made an offer, and i hauled myself down to do the drug screen and a TB test. but until it's official, i'm not completely celebrating yet, because who the frick knows what kind of catastrophe could appear out of nowhere and foil all my plans. but it would appear things are turning around. patience is so hard. so very very ridiculously hard. but god is good, i cannot deny.
- secondly, i got my taxes back! so now i have money to live on until the checks start rolling in. huzzah for evading poverty yet again!
- thirdly, i'm gonna see jenny lewis with jen tomorrow. love love love jenny. love love love jen too.
- fourthly, i learned some old switchfoot songs on the guitar that i love and have missed, and have more potency now in my (gulp) mid-twenties.
- and fifthly (which is a word, apparently), my small group is completely wonderful. i'll gush about them later. but suffice to say, without them, these past 4 or 5 months would have been unbearable. it is beautiful to see such diverse people grow together and really begin to live out what being the body of christ means. it's exciting, and scary and amazing all at once.
to conclude, i of all people am amazed to find myself on high ground after feeling like i've been drowning in the deluge of all the incredibly hard and painful moments of the past few months. god is good. and his timing is all too symbolic. lol. admittedly cheesy, i feel somewhat reborn in some way that i can't completely put to words. i'm myself again, but better, if that makes sense...
anyway, gotta end somewheres.